William F. “Chip” Merlin, Jr.
founder and president of Merlin Law Group joins The Housing Hour this week to discuss the Gatlinburg wildfires with tips on how to work with your Insurance company after a loss.
Topics this week:
- What are the first steps to do after suffering from a fire loss?
- Does an owner have to rebuild back the way the structure was before the loss?
- If everything is gone, how do I go about making a list of what was burned?
- What am I entitled to for a replacement cost insurance?
- Dealing with contractors—who should I hire?
- My property is old and they say I have to make repairs to fit the new building codes. Am I covered for these costs?
Plus so much more!
Insurance Claim Disputes: Chip Merlin, Esq.
Since 1983, Chip Merlin has served as a plaintiff’s attorney with a focus on Commercial & Residential Property Insurance Claim Disputes and Bad Faith Insurance litigation. Chip is a noted national authority on Insurance Bad Faith, lecturing to national trade groups and publishing a number of papers and articles on the subject for organizations such as The American Association for Justice, The Florida Justice Association, The Windstorm Insurance Network, and Trial Magazine.
Chip served as Chair for the Bad Faith Insurance Litigation Group and Secretary for the Fire and Property Insurance Litigation Group for the American Association for Justice (formerly known as the Association of Trial Lawyers of America). He was also Vice-Chair for the Subcommittee on Property Insurance Law for the American Bar Association.
Franco Ripple | Vice President
CATECOMM | www.CateComm.com